Saturday, May 28, 2011

Introducing New Website: HYMNS FOR THE NEW REFORMATION

Christina Rossetti
As I neared the end of writing the four-book Mr. Pipes series a few years ago, I decided it was high time I practiced what I was 'preaching' about hymns and hymn writers, and hymn WRITING. Writing that first hymn (The Lord, Great Sovereign, which I had Drew anguish away at writing in the Accidental Voyage), was one of the most challenging things I have ever attempted to write.

Since then I have been developing curriculum for teaching hymn writing to my students and readers--and continuing to write my own hymns. Dr. Paul S. Jones from 10th Presbyterian, Philadelphia, and Ron Bechtel have written several wonderful tunes specifically for a number of my hymn poetry, and several of my students have added some too.

www.newreformationhymns.webs.com is the collection place for those hymns, for the music (audio and sheet music), as well as articles on hymns and worship, pre-release readings from my forthcoming book with Reformation Trust (Ligonier), THE DOXOLOGICAL GENIUS OF ISAAC WATTS, and other hopefully useful resources for pastors and church leaders, musicians and poets. I invite you to peruse the site, become a member by clicking on 'register,' and share it with others who care about worship and singing praises to Christ our King and Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment